Bienvenidos Food Bank
Open Thursdays: (Except 3rd Thursday of the month (January to October) see Mobile Pantry)
We are open during Covid-19. Please note we are asking people to stand 8′ apart and wear a mask (City of Denver order). We are serving groceries from outside (dress appropriately for the weather). Please park at 39th & Pecos and check in from the front (the building is closed). Please note you will be asked to walk around the building and back to the parking lot. Having a wheeled cart is helpful. Please call about handicap accommodations.
Do you need special assistance during this time? We may be able to offer delivery for clients living in 80211 or other special assistance. Please contact us.
10:00 am to Noon & 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
3810 Pecos Street Denver, CO 80211 – View Map
Drop in registration – please bring ID and current proof of address if available (See our full policies below). Not needed at this time
Parking: available at 39th and Pecos St. on food bank days only.
Wheelchair or disabled access: Please let someone know in front that you need assistance and we’ll accommodate you.
We are closed for most major holidays and if there are five Thursdays we are closed the last week of that month. We are open the first three (3) Thursdays in November and December. Please check our Facebook page or call 303-433-6328 for closings.
Third Thursday of the month – February 18, March 18, April 15
10:00 am to noon
4747 West Colfax, Denver 80204 (VFW parking lot) – View Map
Our Mobile Pantry is in the parking lot of the VFW. Please come prepared for the weather.
Note: Mobile Pantry is closed for the months of November and December. Please check our Facebook page or call 303-433-6328 for weather closings.
If you need help during a week we are closed please call the Hunger Free Hotline at (855) 855-4626 (toll-free) for other food pantries available.
- All are welcome! Anyone may use our pantry for up to 4 visits regardless of your location. No documentation required.
- You may request an extension from the Food Bank Director in person if needed.
- Walk-in registration every week we are open.
- You may use the food bank each week we are open if you live in the following zip codes:
- 80211, 80212, 80204, 80216 or 80221
- For information about other food pantries in your area call: 720-382-2920
- To use our pantry weekly (after 4th visit) please provide the following:
- A recent piece of official mail with current address (example: Xcel, utility or phone Bill, official housing letter).
- Picture ID: (passports, Mexican or other ID’s are all OK
- We serve by household (those living within the same address)
- You must show proof of separate legal apartments for those living within the same address to be listed as a separate household.
- Larger families may receive additional food (proof of family size may be required)
- We do NOT collect immigration or citizenship information and will not share any of your information with anyone. We are not a government agency and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
- Program intake form (English)
- Program intake form (Español)
- Hours flyer & poster download
Other Services Offered
Pet food – We partner with Colorado Pet Pantry to provide pet food the first Thursday of the month from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Pet food is offered for clients with existing pets only.
USDA Commodities – We are an authorized agency of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). Clients may receive USDA food once a month and must meet TEFAP requirements. TEFAP nondiscrimination policy.
SNAP (food stamps) sign up assistance – Clients can meet with an authorized SNAP representative to sign up for food benefits and other assistance. (A collaborative program with Hunger Free Colorado.) For SNAP assistance locations click here.
Diapers and baby food – WeeCycle of North Denver provides diapers for our clients with babies. Please bring your baby’s birth certificate (you may receive diapers and wipes once per month as available.) Baby food is available each week.
Personal Hygiene – Feminine products are also available through a collaborative program with I Support the Girls International.
Utility Assistance for Seniors – We partner with the Senior Assistance Center’s program with Energy Outreach of Colorado. Call 303-455-9642 to make and appointment.
Healthy Communities Outreach Program- We partner with Denver Health to connect families, children and pregnant women with services for medical, dental, vision, mental health and developmental problems.
For Other Food pantries and Food Stamp assistance call: 720-382-2920 (Hunger Free Hotline)
For all other assistance call 211 or go to www.unitedwaydenver.org.