Make a Financial Donation
Your financial donation is the most powerful way to help families in need. Through our partnerships with local grocery stores and other food providers, we are able to turn every $1 cash donation into more than $9 worth of food including fresh meat and produce!
Bienvenidos Food Bank is a program of the North West Family Assistance Center, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
DONATE ONLINE : Schedule your donation TODAY to be run on December 4th for Colorado Gives Day.
(Your donation will go further with an incentive fund for donations made on CO Gives Day)
DONATE BY MAIL
Bienvenidos Food Bank
PO Box 11948
Denver, CO 80211
If you are part of a workplace giving program, please use these designation codes:
The Bienvenidos Food Bank is a program of the Northwest Family Assistance Center, a 501 C 3 Colorado nonprofit organization.
We gladly accept your donations of nonperishable and perishable food to help stock our pantry!
When and Where to Donate – Food Donation Drop off locations
- Cherry Bean Coffee
4059 Tejon St. Denver, CO 80211
Hours: M – Sat. 6:30am – 7:00pm
Sunday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Highland Lutheran Church
3995 Irving St. Denver, 80211
Look for the orange donation bin by the front door
- Second Star Children Books
4353 Tennyson St. Denver, CO 80212
Hours: M-Su 10 am to 5 pm
- Highland United Methodist Church
Neighborhood Hub Garage (coming 2019)
3131 Osceola St, Denver, CO 80212
- Bienvenidos Food Bank
3810 Pecos Street
We except all donations here including fresh and frozen food.
Hours: Wed 9:30 am to 12:30; Thursdays: 9:30 to 12:30 & 4 to 5:30 pm
- Drive in the ally (East side) we’ll help you unload (please knock or ring doorbell)
- Or call to schedule a drop off time: 303-433-6328
- If you are dropping off food and we aren’t there, please leave a message to let us know that you’ve left food.
Fresh food donations
We welcome your homegrown and fresh donations of fruits and vegetables! However, to keep them fresh for clients, we can only accept them on Wednesday & Thursday mornings from 9:30 am to noon. (We do close periodically and for most holidays – please call ahead to be sure we are open.)
Just like you, our clients want food they need and like. Give what you and your family would want to receive if you needed food.
Most needed items
- Canned fruit
- Cooking oil
- Hearty soups (Chunky, Progresso etc.) Needed now (Nov & Dec.)
- Stews and Chili – Needed now (Nov & Dec.)
- Canned Chicken and Tuna
- Jams & Honey
- Pasta & Sauce Needed now (Nov & Dec.)
- Boxed dry meals and sides
- Soap and Shampoo (full sizes) Needed now (Nov & Dec.)
- Toothpaste & deodorant
- 1-2 lbs. bags of rice
- Refried beans
- Peanut butter
- Cash donations*
*Every $1 donation can purchase over $9 worth of food, including fresh produce.
Items we cannot accept
- Food that has been opened or used (boxed items still with a sealed bag is ok)
- Homemade items or previously prepared foods
- Expired more than 1 year for most items
- Rusted, badly dented, dirty or damaged cans
- Expired baby food (required by law)
- Clothing or household items (call 211 for agencies that accept those items)
Help us reduce our costs and help more people by not donating items that we will have to inspect and throw away.
Laws protecting Food Donor and Tax benefits
FOOD DRIVES (November is a great time for a food drive!)
If you, your group, school, business or church would like to host a food drive we can help! Contact us and we can provide helpful hints and any of these items to make your drive a success.
- A copy of our logo to use for your promotional material, Face Book posts etc.
- Food Collection crates (large milk crates with our logo) or a printable sign to attach to your donation collection boxes.
- For specific items needed now, please contact us. Also see our most needed items listed above.
- Donation cans (every $1 donated allows us to provide more than $9 worth of food)
- Information flyers
- Tax receipts
- Banner (if appropriate)
Volunteers are an essential part of our organization. Many of our clients volunteer their time every week. If you are interested in volunteering, we encourage you to call to learn more as well as visit during one of our distributions.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us to see what positions are available.
- Usual options are: Wednesdays 10 am to 12:30; Thursdays 10 am to 12:30 pm and 3:45 pm to 6 pm.
Court Ordered Community Service Hours
- Please contact us with the number of hours you need and when they are to be completed.
- Hours available are usually: Wednesdays 9:30 to 12:30; Thursdays 9:30 to 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm to 6 pm.
Company or groups
- As a small organization we have a limited number of group opportunities throughout the year. However, we have a great option for groups year round with our partners at Food Bank of the Rockies. You can schedule a volunteer outing for your group and help us earn food purchase credits!
- If interested, please email us and ask for information about the VIP Volunteer Program.
To find out about upcoming events and special volunteer opportunities and other news, connect with us on Facebook or join our mailing list.