Make a Financial Donation
Your financial donation is the most powerful way to help families in need. Through our partnerships with local grocery stores and other food providers, we are able to turn every $1 cash donation into more than $9 worth of food including fresh meat and produce!
Bienvenidos Food Bank is a program of the Northwest Family Assistance Center, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible (EIN# 74-2543251).
DONATE ONLINE :
DONATE BY MAIL
Bienvenidos Food Bank
PO Box 11948
Denver, CO 80211
ReFund Colorado Tax Program:
You can make a donation with your Colorado Tax return by writing in Bienvenidos Food Bank and our ReFund #: 20083005420
Instructions: 1. Use the “2019 Voluntary Contributions Schedule” on your Colorado Tax form. 2. On Line 19 “Donate to a Colorado Nonprofit Fund” add the amount you would like to donate from your tax refund. 3. Enter our 11-diget Secretary of State number: 20083005420 in the line below. 4. Enter Bienvenidos Food Bank in the “enter the Name of the Registered Charitable Organization” section.
If using a tax preparer, just give this info when you share your tax documents.
Smile knowing you’ve helped a cause that matters to you!
If you are part of a workplace giving program, please use these designation codes:
The Bienvenidos Food Bank is a program of the Northwest Family Assistance Center, a 501 C 3 Colorado nonprofit organization.
We gladly accept your donations of nonperishable and perishable food to help stock our pantry!
For large donations or food drive drop offs, please call and arrange a drop off time at 303-433-6328. For general drop off items please visit these locations:
When and Where to Donate – Food Donation Drop off locations – (for large donation amounts, please call for drop off times)
- Cherry Bean Coffee (no large amounts or fresh/frozen food here)
4059 Tejon St. Denver, CO 80211
Hours: M – Sat. 7 am – 3:00pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Highlands Lutheran Church (no fresh or frozen at this location)
3995 Irving St. Denver, CO 80211
Hours: Open all hours – look for orange box on porch
- Tenn Street Coffee & Books (no large amounts or fresh/frozen food here)
- 4418 Tennyson St. Denver, CO 80212
- Bienvenidos Food Bank
3810 Pecos St. Denver, CO 80211
Hours: Wed. 9 to 1; Thurs. 9 to 1 & 3:30 to 6 pm
- We accept all donations here including fresh, frozen food and larger amounts.
- Please contact us for large donations or if leaving refrigerated/frozen foods.
- Cherry Bean Coffee (no large amounts or fresh/frozen food here)
- Drive in the alley (East side) we’ll help you unload (please knock or ring doorbell)
- Or call to schedule a drop off time: 303-433-6328
- If you are dropping off food and we aren’t there, please leave a message to let us know that you’ve left food.
Fresh Food Donations
We welcome your homegrown and fresh donations of fruits and vegetables! However, to keep them fresh for clients, we can only accept them on Wednesday & Thursday mornings from 9:30 am to noon. (We do close periodically and for most holidays – please call ahead to be sure we are open.)
Just like you, our clients want food they need and like. Give what you and your family would want to receive if you needed food.
Most needed items
- Holiday needs: Evaporated milk, Canned fruit, Jello boxes
- Cooking oil – always helpful
- Hearty soups (Chunky, Progresso etc.) always helpful
- Stews and Chili
- Canned Chicken and Tuna – needed now
- Jams, Jelly & Honey – always helpful
- Pasta & Sauce
- Boxed dry meals and sides
- Canned beans: (pinto, great northers, kidney)
- Soap (Dial White, Leevers 2000 or other neutral scents are best)
- Tampons & Pads – Needed
- Shampoo full size (15oz size is best) – most needed now
- Shampoo and soaps for people of color (example: Sauve Professionals with shea butter, Carols Daughter, Shea Moisture)
- Toothpaste (full size)
- Toothbrushes (1 or 2 packs preferred)
- 1-2 lbs. bags of rice
- Refried beans
- Peanut butter
- Snack bars
- Grocery bags (plastic or reusable)
- Cash donations*
*Every $1 donation can purchase over $9 worth of food, including fresh produce.
Items we cannot accept
- Opened or used food (boxed items still with a sealed bag is ok)
- Homemade items or previously prepared foods
- Food past its best of date for most items
- Rusted, badly dented, dirty or damaged cans or containers
- Expired baby food or formula (required by law)
- Clothing or household items (call 211 for agencies that accept those items)
Help us reduce our costs and help more people by not donating items that we will have to inspect and/or throw away.
Laws protecting Food Donor and Tax benefits
FOOD DRIVES (Summer is a great time for a food drive as our pantry will be low)
If you, your group, school, business or church would like to host a food drive we can help! Contact us and we can provide helpful hints and any of these items to make your drive a success.
- A copy of our logo to use for your promotional material, Face Book posts etc.
- Food Collection crates (large milk crates with our logo) or a printable sign to attach to your donation collection boxes.
- For specific items needed now, please contact us. Also see our most needed items listed above.
- Donation cans (every $1 donated allows us to provide more than $9 worth of food)
- Information flyers
- Tax receipts
- Banner (if appropriate)
Volunteers are an essential part of our organization. If you are interested in volunteering, please email us to find out available opportunities. Proof of vaccination is required for all new volunteers at this time (effective as of Aug. 1, 2021)
- 1. Please contact: Director@BienvenidosFoodBank.org for available opportunities.
- 2. Plan to visit us and see if volunteering here is a fit for you and us.
- 3. Consider your availability. We are looking for volunteers who can work at least once a month for up to a year. Thursdays in the mornings and afternoons needed most.
- 4. If you have special skills of professional services to offer, please let us know too.
Court Ordered Community Service Hours
- Please contact us with the number of hours you need and when they are to be completed.
- Hours available are usually: Wednesdays 9:00 to 1:00; Thursdays 8:00 to 1 pm and 2:30 pm to 6 pm.
- Other times are available on an as-need basis.
Company or groups
- As a small organization we have a limited number of group opportunities throughout the year and usually for groups of no more than 3-8.
- Please contact us for upcoming events (please plan 2 to 3 months in advance).
To find out about upcoming events and special volunteer opportunities and other news, connect with us on Facebook or join our mailing list.